Vigilance Awareness week is observed every year by Central Vigilance Commission(CVC) in order to promote integrity in various Central Government Offices and its public sector undertaking ,wherein the stakeholders participate in different activities like-
- To display banners and posters etc, at prime location of their offices
- To organize Seminars/Workshops regarding the theme of the topic.
- To organize debates/lectures/essay writing competitions on moral values, ethics, good governance practices etc among the employees and students in schools/colleges in local areas and to distribute prizes
- To bring out special issues of journal during the period
- To request the Non-Government Organizations, institutions and services associated in local area to participate in Vigilance Awareness Campaign.
Vigilance Awareness brings social awareness in the citizens of the Nation
The theme observing Vigilance Awareness (2013) this week is “Promoting good Awareness-Positive Contribution to Vigilance.
A week-long Vigilance Awareness Week began at Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIT), Allahabad, on Monday. A webpage has been created for instilling an environment of transparency & confidence within the system. IIT-A Director MD Tiwari inaugurated the vigilance link page at the institute website.
Chief vigilance officer Anurika Vaish said several measures have been taken in pursuant to the instruction of the Central Vigilance Commission. She said that competitive and non-competitive activities would be conducted to mark the Vigilance Awareness Week. Various activities are being organized to create awareness about corruption in public life.
In this context, the Institute had displayed banners and posters at prime locations. On October 29, the circulation of guideline for vigilance sensitization and preventive measures would be issued. On October 30, an essay competition would be held, debate on October 31 and quiz on November 1. Talks by eminent personalities and prize distribution would be held on November 2.
Courtesy: The Times of India