The Indian Institute of Management- Bangalore, for the first time in its 40 years, completed summer internship placements in a record three days. It was also the largest batch, including 106 women, to be placed.
In all, 135 recruiters visited the campus resulting in 398 internship offers for students of PGP in management, the institute’s flagship course. Five students with over 34 months of work experience opted out of internship. More than 50 students are expected to intern at international destinations.
“Students received offers from new recruiters across sectors too,” said Prof. Sankarshan Basu, chairperson, Career Development Services, IIM-B.
Who went where~
* 29% of offers in sales and marketing
* 22% of students secured internships in banking and financial services
* 23% join management consulting
* 12% join conglomerates in general management and leadership profiles
* 7% get offers in operations & IT
Courtesy:The Times of India