The University starts its admission process from March 15. For the first time male and female both can apply for undergraduate and post-graduate programs as well as PhD programmes also.
Admissions for MTech and Phd open online also.
- From this year, PhD programmes in various branches of engineering, science and technology will be open for both male and female candidates.
- The university is offering teaching-cum-research fellowship to PhD scholars of Rs 20,000 per month for three years along with Rs 20,000 annual contingency grant.
- The teaching cum-research fellows would be registered for PhD programme as full-time research scholars and would also be required to take teaching load and academic responsibilities of a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Admissions to MTech and PhD programme will be done through online mode along with OMR forms, which will be sold as part of the university brochure. The online registration and submission of forms will commence from June.
- Admissions will be open for 500 seats in Technology and Phd course- (a) For Technology: BTech in computer science and engineering (CSE); electronics and communication engineering (ECE); mechanical and automation engineering (ECE); information technology (IT); MTech programme in information security management; VLSI design, mobile and pervasive computing; robotics and automation ; MTech part-time programme in electronics and communication, MCA programme. (b)For PhD: applied sciences and interdisciplinary areas like nanotechnology and environmental sciences; computer science and engineering, electronics and communication engineering, information technology, mechanical and automation engineering, computer applications.
- The admission criteria for different courses will be different and students will have to take due consideration for that. A joint counselling session will be held by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) and IGDTUW for students who want to take admission in the MCA programme. The University web address is www.igdtuw.ac.in
- The information brochure and application form would be available from March 15 at the branches of Punjab and Sindh Bank on payment of Rs 750 across Delhi.
The last date for submission of application is May 31 for MTech, April 10 for MCA and May 15 for PhD programmes. However, the last date for BTech programmes will be in June 2014.
Source:Times Of India