Undergraduate Research Initiative (UGRI) Program
The Undergraduate Research initiative (UGRI) Program at Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur (IITJ) provides an effective platform to the students to engage in research with faculty members of the Institute. Also, they can get a chance to develop valuable mentorship through the guidance of experienced faculty of the Institute.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria to Apply
- Students must have completed their 5th Semester of BE/B.Tech/Dual Degree or 1st Year of MSc/ MA programme. Engineering students must have the minimum academic score 70% or a 7.5 CPI/CGPA on a 10 point scale, and science students 65% or 7.0 CPI/CGPA. They must not have failed any course.
- Students willing to apply for UGRI Program of IITJ need to submit their application form online at www.iitj.ac.in/ugri2014. During the online submission, the students must submit a proposal (in pdf format) on the research which she/he would like to carry out at IIT Jodhpur. The proposal must be written formally indicating the name of the faculty member of IITJ with whom she/he is interested to work with. The selected students have to submit a No-objection Certificate from the HOD/Principal of his/her Institute/University at the time of joining the UGRI program, if accepted. Selected students have to stay on the IITJ campus for a minimum period of 60 days for being eligible to receive the certificate. The students must have a health insurance valid for atleast 3 months.
- Abstract (maximum 500 letters)
- Objectives and expected outcomes
- Significant impact to the society
- Outlines of procedures and methodologies The proposal should not exceed four A4 pages or 1200 words.
- Start of On-line application for UGRI 2014: 05 March 2014
- Last date for submitting on-line application form:30 March 2014
- Announcement of selected candidates on IITJ website: 10 April 2014
- Confirmation from the selected applicants: 25 April 2014
- Commencement of the UGRI 2014 Programme: 6 May 2014
- Submission of research report and presentation of seminar: 14 July 2014
Web address :- http://www.iitj.ac.in/