Applications are available for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2014 used for admission in premier Law institutes in India. Admissions are open for both under-graduate and post-graduate courses. Applications are also invited National Law Institutes.
Since 2008, CLAT centralizes the Law School admission process and is conducted by the 14 participating Institutes/Universities in rotation. CLAT 2014‚ being organised by Gujarat National Law University (GNLU)‚ will take place on May 11‚ 2014. Eligibility for CLAT depends upon whether you are interested in applying for the LLB (undergraduate) course or the LLM (postgraduate) course.
- The examination will consist of 200 multiple choice questions
- Duration is two hours
- Negative marking will be applicable.
English and Comprehension – 40 marks
General Knowledge and current affairs -50 marks
Mathematics- 20 marks
Legal Aptitude -50 marks
Logical Reasoning- 40 marks
For Postgraduate courses:
- The two-hour examination will have a total of 150 maximum marks.
- Negative marking will be applicable. There will be two sections to the examination: Long Essay Type Descriptive Questions for 100 Marks (4 questions of 25 marks each) based on subjects such as Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence.
- The second section consists of Multiple-Choice Questions for 50 Marks (50 questions of 1 mark each) on BCI prescribed subjects for LLB course (excluding Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence)
- Application open: 1st January 2014
- Application ends: 31st March 2014
- Examination date: 11th May 2014