Research Aptitude Test is carried out by IIMs for selection to FPM (Fellow Programme in Management). FPM is a full time doctoral programme at IIM. This programme is for those who have very high level of analytical skills, commitment and motivation for pursuing rigorous research career.
- Candidates with any of the below qualification are eligible to apply for FPM:
- Master’s degree with at least 55% marks. There should be minimum of 50% marks in bachelor’s degree programme.
- B.Tech/B.E with at least 60% marks and two years of post-qualification experience.
- Professional qualification like CS, ICWA, CA with at least 55% marks and two years of post-qualification work experience.
- CAT/GMAT/GRE score along with application is encouraged to submit. However, even without such score application is accepted.
- Those who are working at UGC/AICTE recognised institute/university on full time basis for at least three years are called for interview directly. Candidates having qualified UGC/CSIR JRF are not required to submit any other score.
Candidates who do not have a valid CAT/GRE/GMAT/GATE/UGC-JRF (last 3 years) have to give sit for the exam.
The RAT question paper will be will be based on the CAT entrance exam paper pattern.
- If the candidates are shortlisted in the entrance test, they have to appear for a personal interview at IIM Raipur in front of the Doctoral Research Committee (DRC).
- The DRC will assess the suitability of the candidates for research work based on the portfolio of the candidate. The committee in particular will look into a consistently good academic record, professional accomplishments, research interest etc.
Criteria for preparing the merit list:
The final merit list for admission will be based on Test Score Personal Interview, Academic Qualification and Relevant Work Experience, Research Aptitude and Publications and Reference Letter.
- Date of written examination (RAT) and personal interview: April 5, 2014
- Final result declaration: April 10, 2014
- Acceptance of Admission Offer with Acceptance Fee: May 10, 2014
- Submission of first year fees: May 24, 2014
- Registration and Inauguration of the Programme: June 7, 2014
- First day of classes: June 9, 2014
For further details: Visit the official website: http://www.iimraipur.ac.in/