National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata, affiliated to The West Bengal University of Health Sciences invites application for the program Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) from eligible candidates for the academic year 2014-2015.
Duration: Duration of the course is five and a half years including one year compulsory Rotatory Internship).
Reservation of Seats: 93
- Candidates should have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent examination with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology with a minimum 50 per cent marks in aggregate (45 per cent marks for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates).
- Candidates appeared for Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent examination can also apply but should provide the result of Higher Secondary (10+2) examination securing the required percentage of marks.
- The lower age limit for the candidates to be eligible to apply should be 17 years and upper age limit 25 years as on by December, 31, 2014.
- All-India Admission Test of three hours duration is conducted for admissions.
- The pattern of questions will be of multiple choice types.
- The question paper consists of 200 questions – Physics (60 questions), Chemistry (60 questions), Biology (60 questions) and General Knowledge (20 questions).
- There will be Negative marking for wrong answers.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates of Indian nationality can send their applications on three “A4” size papers (two pages for the application proforma and one page for the identification card) according to prescribed format.
- Candidates can download the proforma from the website and send the filled in forms by post to the institute center.
- Candidates are required to enclose two recent, high contrast 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm identical copies of colour and clear photograph, along with the application form apart from photographs that has to be pasted in the specified area on the application form, attested by a Gazetted Officer. Both the photographs should be signed on the reverse by the candidate.
- The duly filled in application form should reach to the below mentioned office: The office of the Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy, Block-GE, Sector-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700106
Filled in application form (in candidates own handwriting) is to be sent along with Bank draft of Rs 500 (Rupees Five hundred only) in favour of Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy, payable at Kolkata (IPO/ Cheque/ Cash/Money order will not be accepted).
- Last Date for receipt of Application forms along with Photograph and documents: May 12, 2014
- Date of All India Admission Test: June 8, 2014 (Sunday)
- Date of publication of the result of Admission Test: June 16, 2014