Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication (SIMC), Pune has invited applications from eligible students for University Sports Board Scholarships 2014.
Number of Sports Scholarships – 5
- The payment of Scholarships will be made through the Symbiosis International University Sports Board through the Head of the Institute in which the awardee studies.
- The value of this scholarship will be Rs 12,000 per annum (12 months) i.e. Rs 1000 per month.
- In order to encourage participation and merit in different sports, the Sports Scholarship is awarded on the basis of sports performance in recognized competitions held between the previous two calendar years.
- Both prospective/aspiring as well as bonafide students of Symbiosis International University (SIU) are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- A scholarship-holder is not allowed to accept a second sports scholarship from any other source.
- She/he should also not be an inmate of sports hostel of SAI/State Govt.
- The students for their proficiency in sports shall be eligible for the sports Scholarships, the merit of which shall be evaluated according to their level of participation in different games in different competitions as per rules for the academic year under consideration.
How to apply:
- The sports person has to send their resume along with passport size photograph as per the format given in the website and also the family details.
- The sports person will also be required to attach with the application form the photo copies of the press cuttings and the certificates, duly authenticated by their respective State Association or the Principal of their school/college.
- Candidates are selected on performance and merit by a duly constituted Selection Committee
- The decision of the Committee will be final and abiding and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Last date to apply: June 1, 2014 to July 31, 2014.