Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore (CMC Vellore) is an educational and research institute and a tertiary care hospital located at Vellore, Tamil Nadu, and India. It is one of the prominent and well known medical destinations in India, having reputations nationally and internationally. It is also one of the top ranked medical colleges in India. Founded in 1900 by an American missionary, Dr Ida S. Scudder, the institute has made significant achievements in the past like starting the first college of nursing in India. The Christian Medical College is a registered voluntary, nonprofit making organization. The hospital is owned and administered by the Vellore Christian Medical College Foundation Inc.
CMC Vellore Medical exam is conducted for taking admission to 4½ years including one year’s internship Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT), Bachelor in Physiotherapy (BPT), 4 years Bachelor of Science (B.Sc), Allied Health Sciences (AHS), 2 years Master of Science (M.Sc) and Diploma programs offered in various specialties for the commencing session 2014.
Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore has announced the exam dates for CMC Vellore Medical-2014, which will be conducted in May 2014. The CMC Vellore Medical exam will be held on Friday, May 23, 2014.
- For MBBS Program: Candidate must have 60% marks at +2 level in each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology taken together) and have an aggregate of 140/200 in these subjects, both at qualifying and competitive examinations and should have passed in English.
- For B.Sc in Nursing Program: Candidates should have a pass with 45% aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for CMC Vellore Medical 2014:
Candidates are encouraged to apply online.
- For the degree courses (MBBS, B.Sc Nursing & Allied Health Science Degree programs) there are 60 questions each in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (120 minutes total time).
- This is followed by 120 questions in General Ability including Speed and Accuracy and also a few questions on issues of current topical interest. The duration of the whole examination will be 3 hours and 10 minutes.
- For the diploma programs, the examination consists of 25 questions each in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and 15 questions in General ability. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes.
The exam will be conducted on May 23,2014