Karnataka Board of Secondary Education (KSEEB) has recently released its Class XII results known as second Pre University Certificate (PUC) 2014.
Exam dates were: March 12 and March 27.
- 60.47 per cent students have cleared the examination conducted by Karnataka Board. Out of 3, 71,116 candidates who have passed the exam 3, 29,814 examinees were regular candidates, 30,580 were repeaters and the remaining 10,722 were external candidates.68.75 per cent regular students cleared the exam.
- In 2014, around 6 lakh students appeared in PUC Exam / 2nd PUC board exams out of which the number of students that appeared for Commerce stream is near about 2 lakh and around 2.5 lakh for Arts stream and near about 1.7 lakh in Science stream
- 36,344 students cleared the exam with a distinction i.e 85 percent or above in aggregate score. 1, 83,788 secured First class that is a 60 percent and above percentile
- A gender wise assessment of the results found girls faring better than the boys across the state. While the total pass percentage for girls is 66. 81 that for boys is 54.46
- Dakshina Kannada district has come first with 86.4 per cent students clearing the exams. Neighboring Udupi district has come second. Bihar district has secured the lowest position with just 44.95 per cent students clearing the exam.
The second PUC Board results are available on its website http://karresults.nic.in/indexpuc2014.asp and the official results will be put up on the notice boards of the colleges across the state on Friday.
Most of the pre-University colleges in Karnataka are affiliated to the PUC Board and not to CBSE or any other Central board of education.