- IIT Bhubaneswar is planning to introduce a new course to its Undergrad (UG) curriculum. . The institute will launch BTech (metallurgy) from the coming academic year, admission for which will be conducted on the basis of the JEE (advanced) which was held on Sunday.
- The institute has been offering BTech in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Computer Science. Each of these branches has 40 seats. However, the new course will have 20 seats initially before the IIT expands it to 40 seats in the future, sources say.
- IIT-B also decided that the number of seats will be 20 in B.Tech-metallurgy.
- The institute already has required infrastructure and faculty members for the new course since it has been offering MTech in the same branch already.
- IITBBS, at present, has 98 faculty members.
- The institute admits students into B. Tech, M. Tech and Ph.D. programs. The classes are held in Bhubaneswar city. The academic session begins in July each year.
JEE advanced exams are the gateway for admissions to IITs. This time it was conducted on 25th May.The results are expected by the first week of June.