Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has invited job applications for recruitment of officers.The exam is being held to fill 117 vacant posts.
The exam include three papers-
(i) Paper I: English
(ii) Paper II: Economic and Social Issues and
(iii) Paper III: Finance and Management.
- Precis writing,
- Comprehension and Business/Office Correspondence
Economic and Social Issues-
- Growth and Development: Measurement of growth, National Income and per capita income, Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India, Sustainable Development and Environmental issues.
- Economic Reforms in India: Industrial and Labour Policy, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Privatisation, Role of Economic Planning. Globalization, Opening up of the Indian Economy, Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy, International Economic Institutions, IMF and World Bank, WTO, Regional Economic Co-operation.
- Social Structure in India: Multiculturalism, Demographic Trends, Urbanisation and Migration, Gender Issues.
- Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favour of the under privileged, Social Movements, Indian Political System, Human Development, Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
Finance and Management
- Finance :The Union Budget, Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of revenue; Outlays; New Measures; Financial Sector Reforms; Capital Market, Money Market and Foreign Exchange Market; Stock Exchanges and their Regulation; Capital Market Intermediaries and their Regulation; Role of SEBI; Functions of the Money Market; Growth and Operation of the Money Market; The Foreign Exchange Market; From FERA to FEMA; Exchange Rate Management; Exchange Risk Management; Role of Banks and Financial Institutions in Economic Development; Regulation of Banks and Financial Institutions; Disinvestment in Public Sector Units.
- Management: Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organisation.
- Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal, Potential appraisal and development, Feedback and Performance Counseling, Career Planning, Training and Development, Rewards, Employee Welfare.
- Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
- Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.