Results Announced for CBSE AIPMT-
The exam paper consisted of 180 multiple choice objective questions in total from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) which were solved within the time duration of 180 minutes. The syllabus was comprised of topics from Class 11 and Class 12, both.
The records of All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test will be preserved till the August 31.
AIPMT or the All India Pre Medical/ Entrance Test is held to provide admissions to candidates who wish to pursue Medical and Dental courses to 15 per cent seats in government colleges. Also, some participating, private colleges accept AIPMT score.
The much awaited All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) results for the session 2014 have been declared on June 7, 2014. Candidates who had appeared for the exam can check their scores on the official website of AIPMT.
Candidates can download their rank cards and result sheets from the official website. Moreover, this year Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has prepared the merit list/ wait list as per the directives of the Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
CBSE had released the OMR sheets of AIPMT few days back wherein the candidates were provided a chance to challenge them in case of discrepancies. Now, they cannot apply for any rechecking and re-evaluation.
A total of 523701 candidates sat for the test which was conducted at 929 examination centres located in 50 cities including one abroad.
Out of the total candidates, 46271 candidates have qualified the test for counseling for admission in Medical/ Dental colleges on the basis of the qualifying criteria prescribed by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India. For the 15 percent ‘All India Quota’ seats, 18115 candidates have qualified wherein 9716 are male and 8399 are female.
Category: Marks Range: Rank Range (All India Quota Seats)
UR: 682 – 438 1: 13605
OBC: 438 – 434 13606: 14528
SC: 438 – 295 13671: 66176
ST: 436 – 288 14094: 70931
Names of States/ Universities/Institutions participating in AIPMT 2014 are given below:
- Directorate of Medical Education, Govt. of Chhatisgarh
- Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak, Govt. of Haryana
- Directorate of Medical Education, Govt. of Himachal Pradesh
- Department of Health, Medical Education & Family Welfare, Govt. of Jharkhand
- Directorate of Medical Education, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh
- Medial Directorate, Govt. of Manipur
- Directorate of Technical Education, Nagaland
- Department of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Odisha
- Department of Medical Education & Research, Govt. of Punjab
- Govt. Medical College & Hospital, UT Govt. of Chandigarh
- Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (UP)
- Hamdard University, New Delhi
Bihar guy tops with 682 score
Tejaswin Jha from Bihar topped AIPMT 2014 scoring 682 marks out 700 marks after passing Class X in 2012 from Kota to fulfill his medical dream. His efforts paid off as he stood first in All India Pre-Medical Test, the result of which was announced on Saturday. The student is hoping to give the same performance in AIIMS. Awaiting results!
Lovedeep Singh Dhingra, a student of MGN Public School, Jalandhar, secured second rank. Lovedeep, who is the state topper in AIPMT, recently stood third in the Class-12 examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in medical stream in the district with 96.4 per cent marks.
He has scored 680 marks, just three marks short of the all-India AIPMT topper.