As per news, TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) rank list has been declared by Anna University. In order to view their TNEA ranks, the candidates have to visit the following link-
Here, the candidates are required to insert their application number and date of birth.
TNEA 2014 witnessed around 1.74 lakh candidates this year, out of which 92,731 students (59,427 male; 33,304 female) are first graduates and will be eligible for tuition fee waiver.
- The candidates are ranked based on the aggregate mark or cut-off mark. The ranked candidates will be grouped into counseling sessions ordered by rank and in turn each counseling session will be ordered rank wise.
- The candidates might get a tie due to similar aggregate marks. In such cases, the tie would be broken in following manner:
- If two candidates have the same aggregate marks, the candidate with higher Maths mark will be ranked above;
- If the Maths Mark is same, then a higher Physics mark would break the tie;
- If the Maths and Physics mark are same, then the Chemistry mark would be eventually same. The fourth optional subject mark would break the tie;
- If the fourth optional subject marks are also same then the candidate’s date of birth will be considered. Elder candidate gets the benefit of being ranked above;
- If the date of birth is also same, then a 10-digit random number assigned to each candidate decides the ranking. A candidate with the highest random number will be ranked above the other.
Considering their aggregate marks and ranking, the students will be called for counselling. The students will be called by sending them call letter at their communication address.
- The academic general counseling is to begin on June 27 and will come to an end on July 28.
- For eminent sports persons: June 23 and June 24
- For differently-abled persons: June 25
- Commencement of academic general counseling: June 27
- For vocational candidates: July 9 to July 20
- End of academic general counseling: July 28