The UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship awardees or candidates who are awarded fellowships directly by funding agencies for the purpose of pursuing Ph.D can be enrolled any time during the session carried out for Ph.D course.
Moreover, The students who have qualified UGC (NET)/ UGC-CSIR (JRF) Exam / SLET / GATE / GPAT / ICAR / INSPIRE / Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship awardees/teacher-fellowship holders‚ or have passed M.Phil from Guru Nanak Dev University‚ Amritsar will be exempted from Ph.D Eligibility Test. They are free and can directly apply.
Eligibility for the program-
- Candidate should have a Master’s degree of Guru Nanak Dev University‚ Amritsar‚ scoring at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST candidates) in the subject concerned or in an allied subject‚
- The degree should recognised by the Guru Nanak Dev University‚ Amritsar‚ as an equivalent qualification for admission to its PhD Programme.
Ph.D Eligibility Test:
- PhD Eligibility Test will be conducted for the courses in which there are not sufficient number of NET and other qualified candidates to fill in seats for the PhD programme‚ as per the prevailing Ordinances of Guru Nanak Dev University‚ Amritsar‚ for its PhD Programmes
- The minimum qualifying marks required to pass in the Ph.D Eligibility Test have been fixed as 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST candidates) in the aforesaid Eligibility test for admission to PhD Programme
- The PhD Eligibility Test will be only a qualifying exam/step for participating in the counselling for admission‚ and the other conditions for PhD admission will be as per the prevailing Ordinances of Guru Nanak Dev University‚ Amritsar‚ for its PhD Programmes
- Mere qualifying in the PhD eligibility test does not ensure admission to PhD
- The syllabus for the PhD eligibility test for admission to PhD program will be the same as prescribed for NET conducted by respective regulatory bodies
- In case of subjects where NET is not conducted‚ the syllabus for the test will be notified by the concerned Head of the Department.
- There will be two question papers. The first one will be compulsory to all the candidates and the second one will be subject specific.
- First paper will consist of 25 multiple choice questions of general awareness and mental ability‚ and will carry 25 marks.
- For the second paper the candidates will be required to attempt 50 objective type questions‚ each question carrying 1 mark‚ and 5 short answer type questions (out of 15)‚ each question carrying 5 marks.
- Last date for application form to be submitted: 11th July 2014
- Ph.D Eligibility Test shall be held on 18th Jul 2014 from 11.00 am to 01.30 pm