Registration are open at Calcutta University for the course in media studies (film & television). Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the diploma course commencing in 2014.
About the institute-
The Institute of Mass Communication Film and Television Studies, a non-profit society, is registered under the Societies Act, XXVI of 1961, and government of West Bengal in the year 2002. The institute provides a wide range of courses, which includes mass communication, journalism, public relations, advertising, audio-visual communication; film studies and other allied subjects related to media studies.
- Applicants must hold a graduation degree in any discipline (pass/honours/vocational etc) from a recognised university.
- Those who have appeared for final examination and awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
- There is a reservation for SC/ST and physically handicapped candidates as per rules and university norms.
Tuition Fees: Rs 12000
- Stage 1 is a written test. Students would be short-listed on the basis of a written test and an interview later on.
- Question for the written test are set in English and are objective in nature.
- Emphasis is put on general knowledge, current affairs, proficiency in language, reasoning, audiovisual media etc.
How to apply: Application forms are to be submitted at the office of Media Studies: Film Television, Hardinge Building (4th floor) College Street Campus, Kolkata -700073 by August17, 2012.
- Last date for the submission of application form is September 09, 2014
- written test would be held on September 12, 2014.