Indian Institute of Management (IIM) has been set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2010 at Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh. Presently IIM Raipur operates from the Government Engineering College Campus, Raipur.
IIMs have recorded a 100 per cent placement for the batch 2012-14.
- According to the institute official, IIM Raipur was blessed with international offers with overseas companies participating in the placement process. The highest international package bagged was of Rs 38.5 lakh in Indonesia.
- About 43 national and international companies, including CRISIL, JP Morgan Chase, Crompton Greaves, TATA Steel, GATI KWE and Daimler, have recruited students at an average package of Rs 10.6 lakh per annum.
- Housing.com – a leading house-hunting portal, offered sales and marketing jobs to students.
- Other prominent job profiles that the 2012-2014 batch comprising of 109 students bagged are as executive assistant to top management, strategic sourcing, corporate planning, business and IT consultant.
- Sales and marketing domain emerged the most preferred domain with 27 per cent students opting for it.
- At least 19 per cent students chose operations domain while 8 per cent students bagged jobs in HR domain.
- CAT registrations are on its way and Cat 2014 for admissions to IIM will be held in November.