MPhil and PhD in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology for 2014
Total no. of students
M.Phil: 20 students
PhD: 12 students
University of Mumbai invites application for MPhil and PhD Entrance Test for admission to M.Phil and PhD in Nanosciences and Nanotechnology for 2014 session
Eligibility For M.Phil:
- Master Degree in any Science/Pharmacy/Engineering subjects is a must.
- Results of the candidate should be 55% marks for general category students and 50% marks for reserved category students.
- Master Degree in any Science/Pharmacy/Engineering subjects (55% marks for general category students and 50% marks for reserved category students).
- Valid PET score in candidate’s Master’s Degree subject Exemption from appearing for Entrance Test for PhD programme or the requirement of valid PET Score
- For NET‚ SET qualified students‚ valid GATE score and students having M.Phil degree; however‚ the candidates must submit their application and appear for the interview
- The details of application process are as follows:
- Registration Fees along with Application Form a demand draft in favor of “Finance and Accounts Officer”‚ University of Mumbai
General Category:-Rs.1000/- Reserve Category (For PhD admission) Rs.500/-
Rs.500/- for general Category and Rs.300/- for Reserve Category (For M.Phil admission)
Syllabus for Entrance Test:
Entrance test shall be conducted in the aptitude and General sciences including various topics in the core subjects of the Post Graduate Degree Level Important
- i) The candidate may download this document containing the Application Form for the said entrance Test and submit the filled-in application along with one set of relevant self attested certificates and documents (if any)‚ to the Director National Centre for Nanosciences and Nanotechnology‚ University of Mumbai‚ Kalina Campus‚ Santacruz (E)‚ Mumbai 400098
- ii) Incomplete filled forms if submitted will be rejected
iii) The pre PhD course work is mandatory except for those who have been granted exemption as per UGC rules and regulations which are mentioned in the VCD No. Exam /Thesis/University/VCD/2414 of 2010
- Last Date for Acceptance of Application Form: 18th October 2014 (Saturday)
- Date and Time of Entrance Test: 9th November 2014 (Sunday‚ 11.00 am 01.00 pm (M.Phil) & 03.00 am 05.00 pm (PhD)
- Entrance test result declaration: 17th November 2014
- Interview Date: 20th & 21st November 2014