National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO) is a prime law university located at Cuttack, Odisha, India. The University offers integrated B.A. LL.B. and B.B.A. LL.B. courses, offers both undergraduate and post-graduate courses in various streams of law.
NLU Odisha announces Phd Admission Notice 2014
Applications are invited in prescribed proforma for admission to PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree for the academic session 2014-15
- Master Degree in Law from any recognized University securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent in grade;
- Master Degree in Law from any recognized University with 50% marks or its equivalent in grade and have had at least five years full-time teaching/judicial/professional/administrative experience in the subject;
- Degree in Law and a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities‚ Management Studies or Sciences from any recognized University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent in grade; or Obtained a Degree in Law and a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities‚ Management Studies or Sciences from any recognized University with 50% marks and have had at least five years full time teaching/judicial/professional/administrative experience in the subject;
- obtained a Master Degree in Social Sciences‚ Sciences‚ Humanities or Management from any recognize University with 55% marks and have had at least two years of teaching experience;
- PhD in any discipline; or Judge of any State High Court in India or the Supreme Court of India Provided that candidates with qualifications in Social Sciences‚ Humanities and Sciences shall be admitted to the programme‚ if the research they wish to pursue‚ interfaces with the discipline of Law.
Entrance Test: The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper of 150 marks with 2 hours duration. The syllabus of the paper shall cover:
- a) Research Aptitude: Research; Meaning‚ Characteristics and Types‚ Steps of Research‚ Methods of Research‚ Research Ethics‚ Sources‚ Acquisition and Interpretation of Data‚ Quantitative and Qualitative Data‚ Graphical Representation and Mapping of Data.
- b) Constitutional Law of India: Preamble‚ Fundamental Rights and Duties‚ Directive Principles of State Policy‚ Judiciary‚ Parliament and State Legislature‚ Amendment of the Constitution‚ Writ Jurisdiction
- c) Legal Theory: Nature and Sources of Law‚ Positivism‚ Natural Law Theory‚ Sociological Jurisprudence‚ Theories of Punishment‚ Rights and Duties‚ Concept and Possession and Ownership Qualifying Criteria: The candidates need to secure 50% Marks in order to qualify for the stage of presentation Fee Structure: Application Fee Rs.3000/-; Registration Fee Rs.25000/-; Coursework Exam Fee Rs.1000/-; Thesis Evaluation Fee (at time of submission of thesis) Rs 20‚000/-; Continuation fees if not completed within three years Rs.10‚000/- per year for a maximum of 2 years and thesis resubmission in fee (if applicable) Rs 20‚000/-
Applications may be downloaded from the university website http://www.nluo.ac.in Applicants are required to submit the following:
1) Completed application form
2) A demand draft of Rs.3000/- drawn in favour of “Registrar National Law University Odisha”
3) Attested photocopies of eligibility qualification certificates and mark sheets;
4) One set of published papers‚ monographs‚ articles and books (if applicable);
5) Certificate from the Institution concerned testifying the length of service (if required);
6) A passport size photograph completed application form along with the enclosures listed above are to be sent via registered post/courier or delivered by hand at the following address the Registrar‚ NLUO‚ Kathajodi Campus‚ Sector 13 CDA‚ Cuttack-753015 (old PIN code: 753014) Odisha
Date for Receiving Application Forms: 27th October 2014
Date of Entrance Examination: 09th November 2014
Presentation of Research Proposal: To be Announced