NID Ahmedabad invites application for Graduation and PG courses in Design
The National Institute of Design (NID) located in Ahmedabad has invited eligible and interested candidates to apply for its Bachelor of Design (B.Des) and Master of Design (M.Des) programs offered in various disciplines at Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar & Bangalore campus. NID is recognised by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research under Ministry of Science and Technology, government of India, as a scientific and industrial design research organisation. This year (2014) NID became institute of national importance. The institute holds a good position in the world and is internationally acclaimed as one of the finest educational and research institutions for Industrial, Communication, Textile and IT Integrated (Experiential) Design. The institute offers two kinds of courses:
- Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (GDPD).
- Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Design (PGDPD)
For B.Des –
The candidate must have passed or will be appearing for qualifying examinations under the Higher Secondary (10 plus 2) or equivalents like AISSCE/ IB/ ISC during the academic year 2014-15.
Age limit- The upper age limit for candidates is 20 years (relaxable by 3 years for reserved categories) as on June 1, 2015.
For M.Des –
Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent including those who will be appearing for the qualifying examinations during the academic year (2014-15) in the areas mentioned against each discipline are eligible to apply.
Age Limit- The upper age limit for candidates is 30 years (relaxable by 3 years for reserved categories) as on June 1, 2015.
- A design aptitude test would be conducted by the institute to short-list candidates.
How to apply:
- The candidates are required to download the application forms from the official website for these admissions and send the filled forms along with relevant testimonials to NID.
- Last date for submission of applications is November 21, 2014.