Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOC) is an Indian state-owned oil and gas corporation with its headquarters in New Delhi, India. It is the world’s 88th largest corporation, according to the Fortune Global 500 list, and the largest public corporation in India when ranked by revenue.
The company is mainly controlled by Government of India which owns approx. 79% shares in the company. It is one of the seven Maharatna status companies of India, apart from Coal India Limited, NTPC Limited, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Steel Authority of India Limited, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited and Gas Authority of India Limited.
Indian Oil Corporation is recruiting officers in marketing and human resource management
For the selection process a written test is conducted and the written test will be held through the University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) examination, conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on behalf of the UGC.
Short-listing of candidates for further selection process, Group Discussion and Group Task and Personal Interview will be based on UGC-NET examination result. The exam is scheduled on December 28, 2014.
The recruitment is for the following posts:
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
Marketing Management: Candidates must have done 2-year full-time regular course leading to post-graduate diploma (PGDM)/ Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent with specialisation in marketing management from a recognised Indian university/institute.
Human Resource Management: Candidates must have done 2-year full-time regular course leading to post graduate diploma/master’s degree in human resource management/personnel management/industrial relations/labour welfare/social work with specialization in personnel management and labour welfare or equivalent qualification from a recognized Indian university/institute.
For both the positions, subjects in the specialization required should have been part of the examination cleared and find mention in the final mark -sheet/degree certificate or the specialization should be certified by the concerned University/Institute attended/ attending by the candidates.
Minimum percentage of marks in qualifying degree exam: Candidates belonging to General and OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category are required to secure minimum 60 per cent or more marks or Equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree examination. The minimum percentage of marks is relaxed to 55 per cent or Equivalent CGPA for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates.
- For the UGC-NET December 2014, the maximum permissible age prescribed is 28 years (as on January 1, 2014) for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and there is no upper age limit for Assistant Professorship.
- But for Indian Oil, the maximum permissible age for recruitment in Marketing and HR Discipline is 30 years (as on June 30,2015) for General Category(with Engineering Degree ie BE/B.Tech or equivalent as Graduate level qualification).
- Therefore, the candidates with Engineering Degree as Graduate level qualification, exceeding 28 years of age as on January 1, 2014 must apply for ‘Assistant Professor’ while filling -in the UGC-NET application.
- Selected candidates will be placed in the pay-scale of Rs 24,900-Rs 50,000 – and receive a starting basic pay of Rs 24,900 per month.
- The officers will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances, according to the rules and regulation of the Corporation, currently in vogue and as amended from time to time.
- The gross average Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be about Rs 11 lakh per annum inclusive of Performance Related Pay (PRP).
- The actual CTC will vary depending on place of posting, financial performance of the Corporation and also performance rating of individual.
- Last date for applying for UGC-NET (December, 2014) examination is November 15, 2014
- UGC-NET examination: December 28, 2014
- Last date of receiving online application by Indian oil is December 28, 2014