The SRM University (Sri Ramaswamy Memorial University) is a co-educational private university in the state of Tamil Nadu‚ India. The university has seven campuses in India‚ out of which four campuses are in Tamil Nadu located at Kattankulathur‚ Ramapuram‚ Vadapalani and Tiruchirapalli and rest three are located in Modinagar near Delhi‚ Sonepat in Haryana and Gangtok in Sikkim. The institute gained deemed status during the 2003-2004 academic year and was renamed as SRM Institute of Science and Technology. It became SRM University in 2006‚ when it attained the status of a full-fledged university‚ under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956.
SRM University’s Engineering Entrance Exam (SRMEEE) is now SRM University Joint Entrance Engineering Exam (SMJEEE). The University has changed the name of its entrance exam. The exam is for various undergraduate engineering programmmes. As per the latest notification‚ Online Registration for SRMJEEE-2015 will commence from the first week of November 2014.
- Candidate must have passed class XII or equivalent exam as recognized by state or central education board with minimum 70% aggregate.
- Candidate must have Physics‚ Math and Chemistry as subjects in qualifying exam.
- Type of questions: multiple choice questions‚ objective.
- +3 marks (for correct answer)‚ -1 mark (fr wrong answer).
- Number of sections in the exam: 4 (Candidates need to attempt any three sections)
Duration of exam: 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Number of questions: 140 (Physics – 35‚ Math – 35‚ Chemistry – 35‚ Biology – 35 questions).
Total marks in the exam: 315 (105×3).
- Computer based test – April 11th to 14th‚ 2015
- Paper pencil test – April 26‚ 2015