UPSC CDS Exam (I) 2014 final results have been declared
Source: – an official notice released by the Press Information Bureau, Government of India.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination twice a year for recruitment to the Army, Navy and Air Force. After clearing the CDS written exam and interview, training is held at the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy respectively.
A merit wise list of successful candidates qualifying the exam has been released. A total of 238 candidates have qualified the final exam on the basis of a combined result of the Combined Defence Services Examination (I)-2014 conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in February, 2014 and SSB interviews held by the Services Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence for admission to the 138th Course of Indian Military Academy, Dehradun; Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala and Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course i.e. 197th F(P) Course.
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun: 250 vacancies
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala: 40 vacancies
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: 32 vacancies
- Officers Training Academy (Men’s), Chennai: 175 vacancies
- Officers Training Academy (Women’s), Chennai: 12 vacancies
- Candidates who appeared for the written test and interview can check their results on the official website of UPSC at http.//www.upsc.gov.in
Step by step, the commission had shortlisted 5480, 2855 and 614 candidates respectively as qualified in the written test for admission to the Indian Military Academy/ Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy respectively. The number of candidates finally qualifying the exam are those after SSB testing conducted by Army Head Quarters. However, the results of Medical examination are still to be taken into account in preparing these lists.