Applications are invited by Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences (DMIMS), Nagpur for admission to Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Nursing and Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) programs offered at the constituent colleges for the session 2015.
For details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
CMC, Vellore Invites Applications for Medical Programs 2015
- Candidates can obtain the application form from here.
- Cost of application form and exam fee is Rs. 2000/-.
- The DD of any nationalized bank payable at Nagpur should be drawn in favour of Competent Authority, DMIMS (DU).
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Selection Procedure for DMIMS, Nagpur:
- Selection of candidates will be based upon their performance in All India Pre-Medical Entrance Test (AIPMET) conducted by the institute.
Last date for application: Monday, April 27, 2015.
Date of AIPMET: Sunday, May 17, 2015.
The college is expected come up in Kolkata. South point school is planning to bring up a new campus with an area upto 6.5 acres capacity of 15000 students. The location of the integrated campus is expected in Mukundapur. The CM of West Bengal Mamta Banerjee, also unveiled the foundation stone of the Rs 185 Priyamvada Birla campus of the school which will have a built-up area of 5.5 lakh square feet.
About South Point
Over the years, the school has improved drastically. For them, Calcutta where the school took off and the Kolkata where it thrives now, are very different, and the difference doesn’t just lie in the name. South Point has superbly handled the changing student environment, scripting success in an already evolving city. With 13,500 pupils and committed teachers, South Point is a school nurturing excellence.
Asking the school management to give more importance to underprivileged children, Banerjee stated that her government stressed on improving education and making it universal. The land for the new campus, which would be ready in the next three years, has been provided by the state government. Harsh V Lodha, chairman of MP Birla Group which runs the institution, said the campus will have more than 250 classrooms and over 30 laboratories.
He mentioned that both the existing campuses of South Point would be shifted to the new campus where students would be offered the latest infrastructure which will be proportionate with holistic education.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view.
IGIDR was registered as an autonomous society on November 14, 1986 and as a public trust in January 1987. On December 28, 1987 the campus was inaugurated by Late. Shri Rajiv Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India. Subsequently, the Institute was recognized as a Deemed University under Section 3 of the UGC Act. Since then it has been awarded the highest National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) rating of A++ (under the old methodology) given to Indian academic institutions.
The institute started as a purely research organization but gradually it has converted into a full-fledged teaching cum research organization.
IGIDR invites applications Masters of Science (M.Sc) in Economics program for the year 2015.
Eligibility Criteria for IGIDR, Mumbai:
- Candidates should have any one of the following degrees:
- B.A/B.Sc in Economics/B.Com/B.Stat/B.Sc (Physics or Mathematics)/B.Tech/B.E with at least a second division for Economics discipline and first division for other disciplines.
- The applicant must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
How to Apply for IGIDR, Mumbai:
- Candidates can apply online.
- The online application fee is Rs.100/- only.
- Candidates are required to upload a scan copy of the necessary certificate. Reservation of seats for SC/ST/Physically disabled categories will be as per the regular norms.
Selection Procedure for IGIDR, Mumbai:
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in an online test and interview conducted by the institute.
- Last date for applying online: Friday, March 20, 2015.
- Online Test will be held on April 26th 2015.
Applications are invited by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee for admission to full time/part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Architecture and Planning, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical & Industrial Engineering and Metallurgical & Materials Engineering for the session 2015.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT, Roorkee:
- Candidates should have masters degree in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded, for the general (UR) category and qualified national level graduate entrance test: GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET or equivalent. Or
- Candidates should have B.Tech/ B.Arch degree or equivalent in respective discipline from CFTIs with excellent academic record (with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 75% marks).
- Candidates can apply online.
- Candidates should deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 200/- for Gen/OBC and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD category candidates in any branch of State Bank of India throughout the country through downloaded bank challan form.
Duly filled-in application form with appropriate enclosures must be sent by speed post (preferably) or by registered post to The Chairman, PG Admission, PG Admission Office, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee-247667, Uttarakhand.
- Last date for applying online: Monday, March 02, 2015.
- Last date for deposit of application fee: Wednesday, March 04, 2015.
- Last date for receiving of downloaded application form: Monday, March 09, 2015.
Applications are invited by Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI), Siruseri for admission to 3 years integrated Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) honors in Mathematics and Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics and Master of Science (M.Sc) in Mathematics, Applications of Mathematics and Computer Science programs for the commencing session 2015.
Eligibility Criteria for CMI, Siruseri:
- For B.Sc Honors Programs: Candidates should have12th standard or equivalent.
- For M.Sc in Mathematics Program: Candidates should have B.Sc (Math)/ B.Math/ B.Stat/ B.E/ B.Tech.
- For M.Sc in Computer Science Program: Candidates should have B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc (C.S)/ BCA or B.Sc (Math) with a strong background in CS.
- Applications for August, 2015 will open on Monday, March 09, 2015. For more details visit the official website of CMI,Siruseri.
Selection Procedure for CMI, Siruseri:
- Applicants will have to take an entrance examination, typically held in May at multiple centres across the country.
- Admissions committee may call shortlisted candidates for an interview depending on their prior academic record.
- Date of submissions application form: Monday, March 09, 2015 to Friday, April 17, 2015.
- Date of entrance exam: Monday, May 18, 2015.
As noticed recently, integrated courses are increasing and are in fashion in India. For this there is a need for proper structure for these courses. The experts suggest that the integrated courses need to be carefully designed. The demand and acceptance of integrated courses are increasing in Indian students. Also, this is due to more universities coming up with various courses. More and more number of students are getting attracted towards the integrated courses.
Integrated courses are still to be implemented as the concept is just an idea now. For now, there are many combo courses provided by Universities. Fields like engineering , medical nanotechnology, mathematics and also data-management have combo courses.
The trend is catching students and it may grow at pace if colleges and universities modify courses as per the market demand. The courses need be tailored in the way that it should develop expertise in particular fields and also fulfill the needs of potential recruiters.
Sastra University, Vellore Institute of Technology, Amrita University, Anna University and other state varsities have already started integrated courses in specific areas and taking interest.
Moreover, as said by the Regional Director of ELS Education Services Mallik Sundharam, Several institutions are analysing market and industry requirements and then only they designing such courses. Syllabus of the two courses is integrated carefully, making sure no essentials are missed out. Subjects are added or deleted based on market needs
He said that the combination of computer science and electronics as an integrated course is preferred by many students as it helps them understand industry trends better.