Applications are invited by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee for admission to full time/part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Architecture and Planning, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical & Industrial Engineering and Metallurgical & Materials Engineering for the session 2015.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT, Roorkee:
- Candidates should have masters degree in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded, for the general (UR) category and qualified national level graduate entrance test: GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET or equivalent. Or
- Candidates should have B.Tech/ B.Arch degree or equivalent in respective discipline from CFTIs with excellent academic record (with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 75% marks).
- Candidates can apply online.
- Candidates should deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 200/- for Gen/OBC and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD category candidates in any branch of State Bank of India throughout the country through downloaded bank challan form.
Duly filled-in application form with appropriate enclosures must be sent by speed post (preferably) or by registered post to The Chairman, PG Admission, PG Admission Office, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee-247667, Uttarakhand.
- Last date for applying online: Monday, March 02, 2015.
- Last date for deposit of application fee: Wednesday, March 04, 2015.
- Last date for receiving of downloaded application form: Monday, March 09, 2015.