Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view.
IGIDR was registered as an autonomous society on November 14, 1986 and as a public trust in January 1987. On December 28, 1987 the campus was inaugurated by Late. Shri Rajiv Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India. Subsequently, the Institute was recognized as a Deemed University under Section 3 of the UGC Act. Since then it has been awarded the highest National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) rating of A++ (under the old methodology) given to Indian academic institutions.
The institute started as a purely research organization but gradually it has converted into a full-fledged teaching cum research organization.
IGIDR invites applications Masters of Science (M.Sc) in Economics program for the year 2015.
Eligibility Criteria for IGIDR, Mumbai:
- Candidates should have any one of the following degrees:
- B.A/B.Sc in Economics/B.Com/B.Stat/B.Sc (Physics or Mathematics)/B.Tech/B.E with at least a second division for Economics discipline and first division for other disciplines.
- The applicant must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
How to Apply for IGIDR, Mumbai:
- Candidates can apply online.
- The online application fee is Rs.100/- only.
- Candidates are required to upload a scan copy of the necessary certificate. Reservation of seats for SC/ST/Physically disabled categories will be as per the regular norms.
Selection Procedure for IGIDR, Mumbai:
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in an online test and interview conducted by the institute.
- Last date for applying online: Friday, March 20, 2015.
- Online Test will be held on April 26th 2015.