Admissions for MBBS Program 2015
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry invites applications for admission to 4 years and 6 months Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program for the session 2015.
Candidate should be an Indian national.
Age Criteria: Minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years at the time of admission or by 31st December 2015. The year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS, i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-1999.
The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The higher/ senior secondary examination or the Indian school certificate examination which is equivalent to 10+2 higher/ senior secondary examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination.
- Candidates can apply online.
- Application fee is Rs. 1000/- for general candidates and Rs. 800/- for SC/ST/OPH candidates.
- Mode of payments can be done through net banking, credit card and debit card only.
Whereas, Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance test conducted by the institute.
- On-line registration closes on: 4th May 2015
- Download of admit cards: Wednesday, 20th May 2015 to 7th June 2015.
- Date of entrance examination: June 7th 2015.
- Expected date of publication of merit list: June 15, 2015.
For more information on college and courses, please visit the official website of JIPMER