Applications are invited by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur for admission to Master of Technology (M.Tech) program offered in Aerospace Engineering, Biological Sciences & Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering & Management, Industrial & Management Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Materials Science Program, Nuclear Engineering and Technology, Photonics Science and Engineering for the session 2015.
- The applicant must have a valid GATE score, bachelor’s degree in engineering or science (4 year program) or a master’s degree in science with marks/CPI not below the specified minimum.
- For admission into M.Tech in Biological Sciences and Bio-engineering, applicants having bachelor’s degree in pharmacy/medicine with marks/CPI not below the specified minimum may also be considered.
- The requirement of a GATE score is waived for M.B.B.S. degree holders and for engineering graduates from IITs with minimum CPI 8.0.
- Applications are accepted online.
- The application fee of Rs. 400/ for candidates in general/OBC and Rs. 200/ for SC/ST/PD must be paid through demand draft payable to The Registrar IIT Kanpur at Kanpur.
- The fee must be paid through a demand draft payable to The Registrar, IIT Kanpur payable at Kanpur.
- The short listing of regular candidates for admission into M.Tech programs will be based on GATE score only.
- Selection of regular candidates is based on 70% weightage for the GATE score and 30% weightage for the performance in the written test and interview.
- The final selection of regular candidates will be solely based on the combined scores of the candidates with 70% weightage to the GATE score and 30% weightage to the written test and interview marks.
- The written test and interview shall be given equal weightage of 15% each.
- Online applications will be available till: April 15th, 2015.
- Last date for receiving printed application form: April 20th, 2015.